Next week, as a break from the hills how about a week focusing more on speed, culminating in a virtual race on Sunday 3rd May. Don’t worry if you’re not feeling as fast as you’d want to be, it’s more about being part of a club event.
If you’d like to join in, let us know, then before Sunday 3rd, we’ll assign you to a team of 3 or 4 (depending upon numbers). Everyone will then go out at some point between 8am and 8pm and run 10km as fast and as safely as you can. We’ll combine the times, and the team with the fastest combined time wins the race.
· Try and choose a relatively flat and quiet 10km route near where you live. Do laps if need be.
· Talk to your team mates to make sure you’re running at different times of day so we’re not all out running at the same time.
· Race rules apply, no headphones for your safety.
· Please keep to social distancing rules
· Send us your times for your 10k segment before 8pm.
· We won’t advertise the teams until afterwards to add an air of mystery and so folks don’t know who’s running with who (unless they’re in your team).
· Prizes for the top teams, it could be you!
Lockdown 10K big reveal. You’ve made the team!
After careful consideration and independent adjudication from the coaches, we’ve picked 6 teams of 6 runners each.
If you’ve been missed out, let me know. Also if you won’t be able to run a 10k on Sunday after all, let us know and we can try and find a sub. 4 sleeps til race day..